Brown and Sarkozy to meet on crisis on Tuesday
LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Gordon Brown will meet French President Nicolas Sarkozy in Paris on Tuesday to discuss the global financial crisis, his office said in a statement.
"The prime minister will meet President Sarkozy at the president's private residence on the outskirts of Paris," a statement from Brown's office said.
The meeting comes ahead of a European Union meeting on November 7 and a meeting of world leaders in Washington on November 15. Brown and Sarkozy have spearheaded Europe's response to the crisis, the worst the world has experienced in 70 years.
(Reporting by Luke Baker; Editing by Adrian Croft)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mandela's body lying in state, thousands queue to say goodbye |
- FCA fines Lloyds record 28 million pounds for pushing sales
- Boxing champ Klitschko faces ban on running for Ukraine presidency
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial
- Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators