Brown and Sarkozy to meet on crisis on Tuesday
LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Gordon Brown will meet French President Nicolas Sarkozy in Paris on Tuesday to discuss the global financial crisis, his office said in a statement.
"The prime minister will meet President Sarkozy at the president's private residence on the outskirts of Paris," a statement from Brown's office said.
The meeting comes ahead of a European Union meeting on November 7 and a meeting of world leaders in Washington on November 15. Brown and Sarkozy have spearheaded Europe's response to the crisis, the worst the world has experienced in 70 years.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- CORRECTED-WRAPUP 1-Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |