Brown and Sarkozy to meet on crisis on Tuesday
LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Gordon Brown will meet French President Nicolas Sarkozy in Paris on Tuesday to discuss the global financial crisis, his office said in a statement.
"The prime minister will meet President Sarkozy at the president's private residence on the outskirts of Paris," a statement from Brown's office said.
The meeting comes ahead of a European Union meeting on November 7 and a meeting of world leaders in Washington on November 15. Brown and Sarkozy have spearheaded Europe's response to the crisis, the worst the world has experienced in 70 years.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- Argentine markets fall post-default, New York hearing on Friday