Soccer-Aguero leaves camp to be with sick Giannina Maradona
GLASGOW Nov 18 (Reuters) - Diego Maradona's daughter Giannina has had a minor complication with her pregnancy, almost certainly denying partner Sergio Aguero the chance to feature in her father's debut as Argentina coach on Wednesday.
Atletico Madrid striker Aguero left Argentina's hotel in Glasgow on Tuesday, where the team are preparing for their friendly against Scotland on Wednesday, to be with Giannina in the Spanish capital, assistant coach Alejandro Mancuso told reporters.
Aguero looked sure to make an appearance in the Hampden Park match even if Maradona, who took charge of the team two weeks ago, did not pick him in his first starting line-up.
Mancuso did not say if Aguero would fly back to Glasgow later but the striker missed Argentina's evening practice at Hampden Park, the match venue.
He added that members of the Maradona family in Argentina had ruled out a danger to Giannina and the child, who would be father Diego's first grandchild, she is expecting in February.
(Reporting by Rex Gowar, editing by Justin Palmer)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles quarterfinals results
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |