Obama to tap Princeton's Rouse for econ council
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama is expected to name Cecilia Rouse, a Princeton University labor economist, to the Council of Economic Advisers, an aide with the Obama transition office said on Wednesday.
Obama is expected to draw on Rouse's expertise in the economic benefits of education investments as he puts together a stimulus package to boost the slumping economy, the aide said.
Rouse has studied the benefits of community college attendance, according to a biography on Princeton's website.
(Reporting by Mark Felsenthal; editing by Leslie Adler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- Captain of stricken Korean ferry may not have been on bridge - investigator |
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial for assault