Obama to tap Princeton's Rouse for econ council
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama is expected to name Cecilia Rouse, a Princeton University labor economist, to the Council of Economic Advisers, an aide with the Obama transition office said on Wednesday.
Obama is expected to draw on Rouse's expertise in the economic benefits of education investments as he puts together a stimulus package to boost the slumping economy, the aide said.
Rouse has studied the benefits of community college attendance, according to a biography on Princeton's website.
(Reporting by Mark Felsenthal; editing by Leslie Adler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- TLC cancels reality TV programme 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results