Obama to tap Princeton's Rouse for econ council
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama is expected to name Cecilia Rouse, a Princeton University labor economist, to the Council of Economic Advisers, an aide with the Obama transition office said on Wednesday.
Obama is expected to draw on Rouse's expertise in the economic benefits of education investments as he puts together a stimulus package to boost the slumping economy, the aide said.
Rouse has studied the benefits of community college attendance, according to a biography on Princeton's website.
(Reporting by Mark Felsenthal; editing by Leslie Adler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |