Obama to tap Princeton's Rouse for econ council
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama is expected to name Cecilia Rouse, a Princeton University labor economist, to the Council of Economic Advisers, an aide with the Obama transition office said on Wednesday.
Obama is expected to draw on Rouse's expertise in the economic benefits of education investments as he puts together a stimulus package to boost the slumping economy, the aide said.
Rouse has studied the benefits of community college attendance, according to a biography on Princeton's website.
(Reporting by Mark Felsenthal; editing by Leslie Adler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media