World's oldest person dies in Portugal at 115
LISBON (Reuters) - A Portuguese woman who was the world's oldest person died on Friday at the age of 115, a family member said.
Maria de Jesus was the world's oldest person since an American woman, Edna Parker, died in November at the age of 115 years and 220 days, according to the website (www.grg.org) of the Gerontology Research Group.
A family member said Maria de Jesus died in an ambulance on her way to hospital. She was being taken to hospital due to a swelling.
Maria de Jesus was born on September 10, 1893. She reached 115 years and 114 days.
(Reporting by Carlos Alberto Pontes)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day