Israel takes Egypt's Gaza truce idea "very seriously"
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 6 (Reuters) - Israel's U.N. envoy said on Tuesday that the Israelis were taking Egypt's proposal for a ceasefire in Gaza "very seriously" but left open whether or not Israel would accept it.
"I am sure that it will be considered and you will find out whether it was accepted," Israeli Ambassador Gabriela Shalev told reporters. "But we take it very, very seriously." (Reporting by Louis Charbonneau; Editing by Patricia Zengerle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients