Israel takes Egypt's Gaza truce idea "very seriously"
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 6 (Reuters) - Israel's U.N. envoy said on Tuesday that the Israelis were taking Egypt's proposal for a ceasefire in Gaza "very seriously" but left open whether or not Israel would accept it.
"I am sure that it will be considered and you will find out whether it was accepted," Israeli Ambassador Gabriela Shalev told reporters. "But we take it very, very seriously." (Reporting by Louis Charbonneau; Editing by Patricia Zengerle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- WRAPUP 5-Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing
- WRAPUP 2-Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs