Israel takes Egypt's Gaza truce idea "very seriously"
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 6 (Reuters) - Israel's U.N. envoy said on Tuesday that the Israelis were taking Egypt's proposal for a ceasefire in Gaza "very seriously" but left open whether or not Israel would accept it.
"I am sure that it will be considered and you will find out whether it was accepted," Israeli Ambassador Gabriela Shalev told reporters. "But we take it very, very seriously." (Reporting by Louis Charbonneau; Editing by Patricia Zengerle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Australia, Malaysia vow to keep searching to solve plane mystery
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China
- Man United act to halt slide as power shifts back to Liverpool