Israel takes Egypt's Gaza truce idea "very seriously"
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 6 (Reuters) - Israel's U.N. envoy said on Tuesday that the Israelis were taking Egypt's proposal for a ceasefire in Gaza "very seriously" but left open whether or not Israel would accept it.
"I am sure that it will be considered and you will find out whether it was accepted," Israeli Ambassador Gabriela Shalev told reporters. "But we take it very, very seriously." (Reporting by Louis Charbonneau; Editing by Patricia Zengerle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down
- UPDATE 6-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- New EU executive runs into trouble in parliament
- Pennsylvania's Catholic bishops forbid boys to wrestle girls