Doping-Tennis player Volandri banned for three months
LONDON Jan 16 (Reuters) - Italy's Filippo Volandri has been banned for three months after failing a dope test, the International Tennis Federation (ITF) said on Friday.
"The Tribunal found that a sample provided by Mr. Volandri on 13 March, 2008 at the ATP Tour event in Indian Wells ... contained (stimulant) salbutamol at a concentration greater than 1,000 ng/ml," the ITF said in a statement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'Django Unchained' actress charged with lewd conduct
- Record Chelsea win prompts talk of another title assault
- Islamic State advances against Yazidis on Iraq's Sinjar mountain |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin white group results
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp