Doping-Tennis player Volandri banned for three months
LONDON Jan 16 (Reuters) - Italy's Filippo Volandri has been banned for three months after failing a dope test, the International Tennis Federation (ITF) said on Friday.
"The Tribunal found that a sample provided by Mr. Volandri on 13 March, 2008 at the ATP Tour event in Indian Wells ... contained (stimulant) salbutamol at a concentration greater than 1,000 ng/ml," the ITF said in a statement.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- As Russian arms flow to Ukraine, more U.S. sanctions expected
- FIFA committed to 2018 World Cup in Russia
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- China's Guangdong province removes over 850 'naked officials' from their posts
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |