Israeli fire kills Palestinian in Gaza Strip
GAZA (Reuters) - Israeli forces killed a Palestinian in the Gaza Strip on Sunday in an area where militants had fired mortar bombs in defiance of a unilateral Israeli cease-fire, medical workers said.
The incident occurred near the Gazan town of Khan Younis, the workers said, identifying the man as a civilian. He was the first reported fatality on either side since the cease-fire went into effect at 12:00 a.m. British time.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi, Writing by Jeffrey Heller)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route