Israeli fire kills Palestinian in Gaza Strip
GAZA (Reuters) - Israeli forces killed a Palestinian in the Gaza Strip on Sunday in an area where militants had fired mortar bombs in defiance of a unilateral Israeli cease-fire, medical workers said.
The incident occurred near the Gazan town of Khan Younis, the workers said, identifying the man as a civilian. He was the first reported fatality on either side since the cease-fire went into effect at 12:00 a.m. British time.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi, Writing by Jeffrey Heller)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria |