Israeli fire kills Palestinian in Gaza Strip
GAZA (Reuters) - Israeli forces killed a Palestinian in the Gaza Strip on Sunday in an area where militants had fired mortar bombs in defiance of a unilateral Israeli cease-fire, medical workers said.
The incident occurred near the Gazan town of Khan Younis, the workers said, identifying the man as a civilian. He was the first reported fatality on either side since the cease-fire went into effect at 12:00 a.m. British time.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi, Writing by Jeffrey Heller)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
- Belgium chocolate maker ISIS needs to change its name again
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |