Israeli fire kills Palestinian in Gaza Strip
GAZA (Reuters) - Israeli forces killed a Palestinian in the Gaza Strip on Sunday in an area where militants had fired mortar bombs in defiance of a unilateral Israeli cease-fire, medical workers said.
The incident occurred near the Gazan town of Khan Younis, the workers said, identifying the man as a civilian. He was the first reported fatality on either side since the cease-fire went into effect at 12:00 a.m. British time.
(Reporting by Nidal al-Mughrabi, Writing by Jeffrey Heller)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- More violence in China's Xinjiang, prominent academic indicted