Russia's Polymetal boosts 2008 gold, silver output
MOSCOW Jan 21 (Reuters) - Russian precious metals miner Polymetal PMTL.MM said on Wednesday output of gold rose to 285,000 ounces last year, up 17 percent on 2007, and silver output increased to 17.2 million ounces, up 8 percent.
Polymetal said in a statement revenues rose by 62 percent last year to $500 million.
The company confirmed its production targets for 2009 at 280,000-300,000 ounces of gold and 17-18 million ounces of silver. (Reporting by Aleksandras Budrys)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- More U.S. troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Insight - Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Australia's Hughes to undergo scans after surgery
- Goldman, BASF, HSBC accused of metals price fixing - U.S. lawsuit
- British banks' rotten culture will take generation to fix - think tank