UPDATE 1-Hershey says not affected by peanut butter recall
CHICAGO Jan 29 (Reuters) - Hershey Co (HSY.N), maker of Reese's peanut butter cups candy, reiterated on Thursday that it does not buy peanut butter or other products from a company at the center of a major salmonella outbreak.
Hershey said none of its products had been affected by the recall of items produced by the Peanut Corporation of America.
The outbreak, which has sickened more than 500 people, has been linked to eight deaths.
On Wednesday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said that Peanut Corporation would expand its recall of peanut products.
Hershey said it made its own peanut butter for Reese's peanut butter cups and that all of its products with peanuts or peanut butter were safe to consume.
Hershey shares were up 36 cents at $37.71. (Reporting by Brad Dorfman; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mandela's body lying in state, thousands queue to say goodbye |
- Boxing champ Klitschko faces ban on running for Ukraine presidency
- Boos, jeers humiliate South Africa's Zuma at Mandela memorial
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators