UPDATE 1-Hershey says not affected by peanut butter recall
CHICAGO Jan 29 (Reuters) - Hershey Co (HSY.N), maker of Reese's peanut butter cups candy, reiterated on Thursday that it does not buy peanut butter or other products from a company at the center of a major salmonella outbreak.
Hershey said none of its products had been affected by the recall of items produced by the Peanut Corporation of America.
The outbreak, which has sickened more than 500 people, has been linked to eight deaths.
On Wednesday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said that Peanut Corporation would expand its recall of peanut products.
Hershey said it made its own peanut butter for Reese's peanut butter cups and that all of its products with peanuts or peanut butter were safe to consume.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers