UPDATE 1-Hershey says not affected by peanut butter recall
CHICAGO Jan 29 (Reuters) - Hershey Co (HSY.N), maker of Reese's peanut butter cups candy, reiterated on Thursday that it does not buy peanut butter or other products from a company at the center of a major salmonella outbreak.
Hershey said none of its products had been affected by the recall of items produced by the Peanut Corporation of America.
The outbreak, which has sickened more than 500 people, has been linked to eight deaths.
On Wednesday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said that Peanut Corporation would expand its recall of peanut products.
Hershey said it made its own peanut butter for Reese's peanut butter cups and that all of its products with peanuts or peanut butter were safe to consume.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air force chief denies saying lost plane tracked to west |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N.
- Special Report - How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money