Etisalat says to sell iPhones in UAE, Saudi
DUBAI Feb 2 (Reuters) - Emirates Telecommunications Corp ETEL.AD (Etisalat) said on Monday it has signed a deal with Apple Inc (AAPL.O) to offer the third-generation iPhone 3G in the United Arab Emirate and Saudi Arabia.
The smart mobile telephone will be available in the markets of the two largest Arab economies later this month, it said in an advertisement published in newspapers.
Its Saudi affiliate Etihad Etisalat 7020.SE (Mobily) will provide the device in Saudi Arabia, the most populous Gulf Arab country. Etislat owns 26.25 percent of Mobily.
Etislat did not give further details about the deal with Apple which would make it the first firm in the UAE to officially announce plans to provide the iPhone in the UAE. (Reporting by Inal Ersan; Editing by Thomas Atkins and Hans Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route