Etisalat says to sell iPhones in UAE, Saudi
DUBAI Feb 2 (Reuters) - Emirates Telecommunications Corp ETEL.AD (Etisalat) said on Monday it has signed a deal with Apple Inc (AAPL.O) to offer the third-generation iPhone 3G in the United Arab Emirate and Saudi Arabia.
The smart mobile telephone will be available in the markets of the two largest Arab economies later this month, it said in an advertisement published in newspapers.
Its Saudi affiliate Etihad Etisalat 7020.SE (Mobily) will provide the device in Saudi Arabia, the most populous Gulf Arab country. Etislat owns 26.25 percent of Mobily.
Etislat did not give further details about the deal with Apple which would make it the first firm in the UAE to officially announce plans to provide the iPhone in the UAE. (Reporting by Inal Ersan; Editing by Thomas Atkins and Hans Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders
- Analysis - Bitcoin shows staying power as online merchants chase digital sparkle
- U.S. openly accuses Russia of sending combat troops to Ukraine