UPDATE 1-BMC Q3 profit beats Street; ups 2009 profit view
* Q3 EPS 64 cents beats estimates by 5 cents
* Q3 revenue beats targets
* Raises FY 2009 earnings forecast
* Shares up 4 percent in after-hours trade
Feb 4 (Reuters) - BMC Software Inc BMC.N reported a higher quarterly profit that beat market estimates on strong growth from its professional services unit, and increased its earnings outlook for 2009, sending its shares up 4 percent.
BMC, which sells software for automating data center operations, said it was seeing an opportunity for its business service management product, which offers cost reductions, in the tough economic environment.
The company continues to expect total revenue growth in the high-single digits for fiscal 2009.
BMC forecast earnings of $2.20 a share to $2.30 a share for the year. In October, it had forecast $2.15 to $2.25 a share.
For the third quarter ended Dec. 31, net income rose to 45 cents a share from 42 cents a share a year earlier. Excluding items, earnings were 64 cents a share, beating expectations of 59 cents a share. [ID:nWNAB8287] Revenue rose 6.4 percent to $488.4 million. Revenue from professional services rose 27 percent to $39.9 million.
BMC shares rose $1.06 to $26.95 in trading after the bell. They closed at $25.89 Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by S. John Tilak in Bangalore; Editing by Pratish Narayanan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Analysis - Bitcoin shows staying power as online merchants chase digital sparkle
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |