Microsoft sees sales impact from economy
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Microsoft's revenues will be impacted by the economic slowdown, Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said on Monday.
"Revenues in our industry, and in our company, will be affected by the economic conditions," Ballmer said in an interview with Reuters TV on sidelines of Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona.
On Jan 22 Microsoft stunned Wall Street with disappointing results that included plans to slash up to 5,000 jobs and a warning that profit and revenue will almost certainly drop over the next two quarters.
(Reporting by Tarmo Virki; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |