Microsoft sees sales impact from economy
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Microsoft's revenues will be impacted by the economic slowdown, Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said on Monday.
"Revenues in our industry, and in our company, will be affected by the economic conditions," Ballmer said in an interview with Reuters TV on sidelines of Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona.
On Jan 22 Microsoft stunned Wall Street with disappointing results that included plans to slash up to 5,000 jobs and a warning that profit and revenue will almost certainly drop over the next two quarters.
(Reporting by Tarmo Virki; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- Bombs kill at least 35 across Iraq a day after mosque shooting |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky, Syria activist says