Microsoft sees sales impact from economy
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Microsoft's revenues will be impacted by the economic slowdown, Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said on Monday.
"Revenues in our industry, and in our company, will be affected by the economic conditions," Ballmer said in an interview with Reuters TV on sidelines of Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona.
On Jan 22 Microsoft stunned Wall Street with disappointing results that included plans to slash up to 5,000 jobs and a warning that profit and revenue will almost certainly drop over the next two quarters.
(Reporting by Tarmo Virki; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |