Microsoft sees sales impact from economy
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Microsoft's revenues will be impacted by the economic slowdown, Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said on Monday.
"Revenues in our industry, and in our company, will be affected by the economic conditions," Ballmer said in an interview with Reuters TV on sidelines of Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona.
On Jan 22 Microsoft stunned Wall Street with disappointing results that included plans to slash up to 5,000 jobs and a warning that profit and revenue will almost certainly drop over the next two quarters.
(Reporting by Tarmo Virki; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Britain does U-turn on ex-KGB agent Litvinenko murder inquiry
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |
- Bodies, black boxes handed over from Ukraine crash site |
- Shooting champion withdrawn after jacket goes missing
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |