Microsoft sees sales impact from economy
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Microsoft's revenues will be impacted by the economic slowdown, Chief Executive Steve Ballmer said on Monday.
"Revenues in our industry, and in our company, will be affected by the economic conditions," Ballmer said in an interview with Reuters TV on sidelines of Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona.
On Jan 22 Microsoft stunned Wall Street with disappointing results that included plans to slash up to 5,000 jobs and a warning that profit and revenue will almost certainly drop over the next two quarters.
(Reporting by Tarmo Virki; Editing by David Cowell)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- In class obsessed Britain, tweet of 'white van' man hits nerve
- European Parliament may propose Google break-up in draft resolution
- Aviva in £5.6 billion deal to buy Friends Life after pensions shake-up
- Conservatives, states set to launch legal blitz against Obama over immigration