Japan finance minister in hospital for checks
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese Finance Minister Shoichi Nakagawa is in the hospital for checks, Nippon Television reported on Tuesday, a day after he denied he was drunk at a G7 news conference and said cold medicine had affected his behaviour.
He earlier told reporters he would submit a note from a doctor about the medicine that he took during the trip.
Prime Minister Taro Aso asked Nakagawa on Monday to stay in his post, but analysts said opposition parties would keep pressing for the minister's resignation.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says