Pakistan following "important leads" in Lahore probe
ISLAMABAD, March 4
ISLAMABAD, March 4 (Reuters) - Pakistani investigators are following "important leads" to identify who was behind the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said on Wednesday.
Qureshi, speaking at a joint news conference with his Sri Lankan counterpart, said he was unable to share details of those leads without compromising the investigation, but he said Pakistan had "very good information" which would be shared with Sri Lanka first, before going public.
Seven Pakistanis, including six police and the driver of a bus carrying match officials, were killed in Tuesday's attack on the Sri Lankan team as it was being driven to the Gadaffi Stadium for the third day of a match against Pakistan. (Editing by Paul Tait)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day