Pakistan following "important leads" in Lahore probe
ISLAMABAD, March 4
ISLAMABAD, March 4 (Reuters) - Pakistani investigators are following "important leads" to identify who was behind the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said on Wednesday.
Qureshi, speaking at a joint news conference with his Sri Lankan counterpart, said he was unable to share details of those leads without compromising the investigation, but he said Pakistan had "very good information" which would be shared with Sri Lanka first, before going public.
Seven Pakistanis, including six police and the driver of a bus carrying match officials, were killed in Tuesday's attack on the Sri Lankan team as it was being driven to the Gadaffi Stadium for the third day of a match against Pakistan. (Editing by Paul Tait)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman