Italian porn star strips in Milan bourse protest
MILAN (Reuters) - An Italian pornographic actress stripped down to her panties at the Milan stock exchange on Tuesday to protest against the financial crisis, police said.
Laura Perego, 22, climbed on to a table inside the bourse entrance clad only in her panties and with the Italian flag painted on her body, a police spokesman said.
"Italy is down to its underpants," the Sicilian-born actress shouted before being taken away by police. She was charged with obscene acts.
"I want to send a message to all those who have so badly managed people's savings," Perego told the Ansa news agency.
She added she had other public exhibitions in mind "always improvised and unexpected," Ansa said.
(Reporting by Milan newsroom, +39 02 66129 720, writing by Stephen Jewkes; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Analysis - Market calm over Scottish vote at odds with disaster warnings
- As many as 700 migrants feared drowned in Mediterranean
- UK earnings edge up, unemployment falls more than expected
- Gerrard lights up Anfield with last-gasp Liverpool winner