Zurich Cantonal Bank gold ETF holdings rise
LONDON, March 18
LONDON, March 18 (Reuters) - Zurich Cantonal Bank (ZKB) said on Wednesday the amount of metal it holds to back its gold exchange-traded fund (ZGLD.S) has risen 13.5 percent since February 5 to 4.138 million ounces.
Its platinum ETF (ZPLA.S) holdings have risen 22 percent in the same period to 160,800 ounces, while holdings of its silver-backed product (ZSIL.S) have climbed 4.38 million ounces or 11.5 percent to 42.889 million ounces.
Investors have bought heavily into precious metals-backed ETFs in recent months as they seek a haven from volatility in other asset classes.
(Reporting by Jan Harvey; Editing by Keiron Henderson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results
- NATO, Swedish fighters scrambled to intercept Russian plane