Golf-Woods overhauls O'Hair for comeback win at Bay Hill
MIAMI, March 29
MIAMI, March 29 (Reuters) - Tiger Woods came from five strokes behind to overhaul fellow American Sean O'Hair and win his 66th PGA Tour title by a shot at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in Orlando on Sunday.
Playing only his third tournament since returning from reconstructive knee surgery, Woods birdied the final hole for a three-under-par 67 and a record sixth victory at the Bay Hill Club.
The world number one finally caught O'Hair with a birdie at the par-four 15th and claimed the outright lead when his playing partner bogeyed the 16th after hitting his approach into water.
Although Woods stumbled at the next hole, where his tee shot ended up under the lip of a greenside bunker, he calmly rolled in a 16-footer on the 18th green for a five-under total of 275.
(Writing by Mark Lamport-Stokes in Los Angeles; Editing by Nick Mulvenney. To query or comment on this story email email@example.com)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin admits Russian forces were deployed to Crimea
- Vice principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Monte Carlo Masters men's singles round 3 results
- East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard on trial for assault