Journalist throws shoe at India's home minister
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A Sikh journalist threw a shoe at India's home minister during a news conference on Tuesday after getting angry with his reply to a question on 1984 riots in which hundreds of Sikhs were killed.
The shoe missed Palaniappan Chidambaram, who lent back to avoid it. He later smiled and asked security guards to take the reporter out of the room.
This was the latest incident of show-throwing as a mark of protest against political leaders, including former President George W. Bush and Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health