Journalist throws shoe at India's home minister
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A Sikh journalist threw a shoe at India's home minister during a news conference on Tuesday after getting angry with his reply to a question on 1984 riots in which hundreds of Sikhs were killed.
The shoe missed Palaniappan Chidambaram, who lent back to avoid it. He later smiled and asked security guards to take the reporter out of the room.
This was the latest incident of show-throwing as a mark of protest against political leaders, including former President George W. Bush and Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Brazilian Congress passes Internet bill of rights
- Moyes left all at sea by scale of United job, says former coach
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels; Russia starts drill near border |