Journalist throws shoe at India's home minister
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A Sikh journalist threw a shoe at India's home minister during a news conference on Tuesday after getting angry with his reply to a question on 1984 riots in which hundreds of Sikhs were killed.
The shoe missed Palaniappan Chidambaram, who lent back to avoid it. He later smiled and asked security guards to take the reporter out of the room.
This was the latest incident of show-throwing as a mark of protest against political leaders, including former President George W. Bush and Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Libyan militants overrun Benghazi special forces base as chaos deepens
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Subdued investment banking hits Barclays profits |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- More violence in China's Xinjiang, prominent academic indicted