Journalist throws shoe at India's home minister
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A Sikh journalist threw a shoe at India's home minister during a news conference on Tuesday after getting angry with his reply to a question on 1984 riots in which hundreds of Sikhs were killed.
The shoe missed Palaniappan Chidambaram, who lent back to avoid it. He later smiled and asked security guards to take the reporter out of the room.
This was the latest incident of show-throwing as a mark of protest against political leaders, including former President George W. Bush and Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Serbian fan killed in Istanbul Euroleague violence – consul
- UK troops in largest armoured deployment in Eastern Europe for six years
- Islamic State targeted in 30 air strikes by U.S., allies
- In class obsessed Britain, tweet of 'white van' man hits nerve
- Conservatives, states set to launch legal blitz against Obama over immigration