Thai govt declares state of emergency in Bangkok
BANGKOK (Reuters) - The Thai government has declared a state of emergency in Bangkok and the surrounding area, according to a statement read on state television on Sunday.
The announcement came as several ministers, including the defence and interior ministers, were due to hold a news conference, and after anti-government protesters forced an Asian summit to be cancelled on Saturday.
(Editing by David Fox)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |
- Tennis-Monday's order of play at U.S. Open