Thai govt declares state of emergency in Bangkok
BANGKOK (Reuters) - The Thai government has declared a state of emergency in Bangkok and the surrounding area, according to a statement read on state television on Sunday.
The announcement came as several ministers, including the defence and interior ministers, were due to hold a news conference, and after anti-government protesters forced an Asian summit to be cancelled on Saturday.
(Editing by David Fox)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- Suicide bomber attacks Baghdad intelligence headquarters, eight dead
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky, Syria activist says