Thai govt declares state of emergency in Bangkok
BANGKOK (Reuters) - The Thai government has declared a state of emergency in Bangkok and the surrounding area, according to a statement read on state television on Sunday.
The announcement came as several ministers, including the defence and interior ministers, were due to hold a news conference, and after anti-government protesters forced an Asian summit to be cancelled on Saturday.
(Editing by David Fox)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran to push for Saudi oil output cut at OPEC - Mehr news agency
- Aviva shares fall, Friends Life jumps seven percent on merger news
- Aviva, Friends Life 5.6 billion pound merger plan makes sense - investors
- Telefonica in talks to sell O2 to BT - report
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts