Thai govt declares state of emergency in Bangkok
BANGKOK (Reuters) - The Thai government has declared a state of emergency in Bangkok and the surrounding area, according to a statement read on state television on Sunday.
The announcement came as several ministers, including the defence and interior ministers, were due to hold a news conference, and after anti-government protesters forced an Asian summit to be cancelled on Saturday.
(Editing by David Fox)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying