Thai govt declares state of emergency in Bangkok
BANGKOK (Reuters) - The Thai government has declared a state of emergency in Bangkok and the surrounding area, according to a statement read on state television on Sunday.
The announcement came as several ministers, including the defence and interior ministers, were due to hold a news conference, and after anti-government protesters forced an Asian summit to be cancelled on Saturday.
(Editing by David Fox)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders
- RBS takes 400 million pound forex hit and warns more to come
- British banks buoyed by new rules on risk buffers
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows |