Tennis-Davenport gives birth to baby girl
LONDON, June 28
LONDON, June 28 (Reuters) - Former world number one Lindsay Davenport has given birth to a baby girl, her agent said on Sunday.
"Lindsay Davenport and her husband, Jon Leach, joyfully announce the birth of their daughter, Lauren Andrus Davenport Leach, who was born Saturday June 27 at 11:04 am (PST) in Newport Beach, California," Tony Godsick said in a statement.
Davenport, three times a grand slam champion, returned to the competitive action just three months after the birth of her son Jagger in June 2007. On that occasion she won three of her first four tournaments following her maternity leave.
She has not indicated if she plans to make a comeback after the birth of her second child. The 33-year-old American has not played on the circuit since last year's U.S. Open.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise budget
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day