Club America sink AC Milan in friendly
ATLANTA (Reuters) - Mexico's Club America notched their second victory over Italian opposition in pre-season action with a 2-1 win against AC Milan in the United States on Wednesday.
A fine glancing header from Daniel Marquez six minutes from time broke a 1-1 deadlock and gave the ten-times Mexican champions victory at the Georgia Dome.
After their victory on penalties against Inter Milan on Sunday, Club America looked sharper than Leonard's Milan side who have just returned to full training.
The Mexicans took the lead in the 55th minute through Enrique Esqueda, who made a fine run to lose Milan's American defender Oguchi Onyewu, then latched on to a deft through-ball from Salvador Cabanas before smartly turning it home.
Ten minutes later Filippo Inzaghi equalised for Milan with a characteristic strike, sneaking on to a ball down the middle and guiding it into the net before Marquez's sealer.
Milan play Chelsea, led by their former coach Carlo Ancelotti, on Friday and then finish their tour with a derby meeting against Inter Milan on Sunday.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Rebound in FTSE halted by drop in BT and commodity stocks
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- Kurdish convoy heads to Syria to take on Islamic State |
- For 23rd time, U.N. nations urge end to U.S. embargo on Cuba |