RusHydro sees loss from idled dam at 16.5 bln rbls
MOSCOW Aug 25 (Reuters) - Russian hydroelectricity group RusHydro (HYDR.MM) said on Tuesday it would sustain losses of 16.5 billion roubles ($523 million) by 2013 from the stoppage of the hydropower plant damaged in an accident last week. The company also said in a conference call it did not rule out moderately sized new share placements to help it cope with the costs of the deadly incident.
The accident destroyed three of the 10 power generating units at the Sayano-Shushenskaya power station and forced RusHydro to shut the entire power station down for repairs, leading to electricity shortages in Siberia. (Reporting by Anastasia Lyrchikova; Writing by Simon Shuster; Editing by Robin Paxton and David Holmes) ($1=31.55 Rouble)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Support for Scottish independence at 46 percent - YouGov poll
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research