STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Generali up on index weightings
Shares in Italy's largest insurer Assicurazioni Generali (GASI.MI) are up more than 3 percent ahead of its merger with its unit Alleanza Assicurazioni ALZI.MI, effective on Thursday, and an increased Generali weighting in indexes.
Another broker from the same firm says funds will have to buy volume equivalent to one day's normal trading in Generali to make up the extra weight in their portfolio and this buying explains the rise on Tuesday.
Indexes such as Milan's blue chip FTSE MIB .FTMIB are seen litle-impacted because Generali and Alleanza are both in the index and Alleanza shareholders will get Generali shares.
Under the merger announced earlier this year Alleanza shareholders will each get 0.33 Generali shares.
Reuters Messaging rm://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Cameron says he's 'nervous' over Scottish independence vote
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says