STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Generali up on index weightings
Shares in Italy's largest insurer Assicurazioni Generali (GASI.MI) are up more than 3 percent ahead of its merger with its unit Alleanza Assicurazioni ALZI.MI, effective on Thursday, and an increased Generali weighting in indexes.
Another broker from the same firm says funds will have to buy volume equivalent to one day's normal trading in Generali to make up the extra weight in their portfolio and this buying explains the rise on Tuesday.
Indexes such as Milan's blue chip FTSE MIB .FTMIB are seen litle-impacted because Generali and Alleanza are both in the index and Alleanza shareholders will get Generali shares.
Under the merger announced earlier this year Alleanza shareholders will each get 0.33 Generali shares.
Reuters Messaging rm://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife edge |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading |
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll