Dong Energy says to double Gazprom gas deliveries from 2012
COPENHAGEN Oct 1 (Reuters) - Danish utility Dong Energy DONG.UL said on Thursday it signed a contract with Russia's Gazprom (GAZP.MM) to double deliveries of natural gas through the Nord Stream pipeline from 2012.
The Danish utility in a statement said it would activate an option in its initial Gazprom contract to double deliveries from the initial 1 billion cubic meters of natural gas through the Nord Stream pipeline.
Delieveries on the new contract are to run 18 years from 2012 and are linked to the comletion of the second stage of the Nord Stream pipeline, the company said.
The initial Dong-Gazprom contract was signed in June 2006 to run fro 20 years from 2011.
(Reporting by Peter Levring)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Iceland cuts aviation alert to orange, no ash from new eruption |