STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Evotec up; probable Tecdax inclusion
Shares in Evotec (EVTG.DE) gain 7 percent as traders and analysts say the biotech company is a likely candidate to replace IDS Scheer IDRG.DEin the Frankfurt technology index .TECDAX.
Market strategists say Deutsche Boerse could remove IDS Scheer from the technology index as early as next week after its free float dips below 10 percent due to its takeover by fellow TecDax peer Software AG (SOWG.DE), which has been approved by antitrust authorities. [ID:nLE267728] According to Deutsche Boerse rules, IDS Scheer should be removed from the index up to 2 days after its free float drops below the mandatory 10 percent. Current free float is around 11 percent, according to Thomson Reuters data.
"Evotec is really the only replacement candidate which comes to mind," says UniCredit strategist Christian Stocker.
Analyst Klaus Stabel from ICF Kursmakler concurs, but adds that XING (OBCGn.DE) und PNE Wind PNEGnk.DE might also have slight chances for inclusion.
Evotec was one of the original members of the technology gauge, launched in March 2003, but was removed fours years later.
Reuters Messaging rm://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |
- TLC cancels reality TV programme 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results