Four charged with terror-related offences
LONDON (Reuters) - Police charged four men with terrorism-related offences on Sunday after an operation by counter-terrorism officers in northwest England earlier this month.
Israr Hussain Malik was charged with intending to commit acts of terrorism. Three others -- Munir Ahmed Farooqi, Haris Farooqi, and Matthew Newton -- were charged with intending to help others commit acts of terrorism.
All four were to appear at City of Westminster Magistrates Court in London on Monday, a police statement said. The charges follow a counter-terrorism operation on November 16.
A 62-year-old man was released without charge, police added.
(Reporting by Michael Taylor; editing by Jon Boyle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers