Press group announces Satellite Award nominees
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Getting a jump on the coming onslaught of year-end film lists, the International Press Academy announced its nominations for its 14th annual Satellite Awards on Sunday.
The nominees for best drama are "The Hurt Locker," "Bright Star," "An Education," "The Messenger," "Precious" and "The Stoning of Soraya M."
Nominees for best comedy or musical are "Julie & Julia," "The Informant!," "A Serious Man," "It's Complicated," "Up in the Air" and "Nine."
The group, which represents more than 100 entertainment journalists, also released a list of its 10 best films of 2009, voted by the IPA board, which includes several titles that did not garner either best drama or best comedy/musical noms. Its top 10 are "(500) Days of Summer," "A Serious Man," "An Education," "Bright Star," "Inglourious Basterds," "Nine," "Precious," "The Hurt Locker," "The Stoning of Soraya M." and "Up in the Air."
According to IPA president Mirjana Van Blaricom, the group did screen such year-end contenders as Peter Jackson's "The Lovely Bones" and Clint Eastwood's "Invictus," but neither film scored any nominations. The IPA did not see James Cameron's "Avatar" before voting.
Nominations were announced in 22 film categories, 12 TV categories, seven DVD categories and five video-game categories.
The awards will be presented December 20 at the InterContinental Hotel in Century City.
For a complete list of nominations, visit www.pressacademy.com.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Russia says military planning will take account of NATO moves on borders
- Analysis - Bitcoin shows staying power as online merchants chase digital sparkle
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |