FACTBOX-Five facts about Russian head of gas grouping
Dec 9 (Reuters) - The Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) on Wednesday selected a candidate from Russia, by far the world's biggest natural gas exporter, as its secretary-general.
The 11-member group, which controls nearly 70 percent of the world's gas reserves, picked Leonid Bokhanovsky, vice-president of energy engineering and construction firm Stroytransgaz, at a meeting in Qatar. [ID:nGEE5B80V9]
Here are five facts about Bokhanovsky:
* Leonid Vitalievich Bokhanovsky was born on May 10, 1958.
* He graduated from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations and worked for Rostest, the Russian Centre for Tests and Certification, between 1997 and 1998.
* He worked for several Russian banks between 1998 and 2001, specialising in areas including relations with foreign banks and leading international projects.
* He joined energy engineering and construction firm Stroytransgaz in 2001, assuming his current role of first vice-president and head of development in 2006.
* In fulfilling his role as GEFC secretary-general, he plans to develop research functions, technology sharing, monitoring of gas reserves and production, pipeline and seaborne transport projects and to promote natural gas consumption worldwide.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Wenger frustrated at Arsenal's failure to seal top spot