GSK Consumer temporarily halts ops in Indian state
MUMBAI Dec 11 (Reuters) - GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare (GLSM.BO), an Indian unit of the global drug maker, on Friday said it was temporarily closing its factory in Andhra Pradesh state due to political protests in the region.
Earlier this week, after days of violent street protests, the government said it would carve a new state out of southern Andhra Pradesh, home to several major international companies. [ID:nDEL327611]. (Reporting by Bharghavi Nagaraju)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Golf-U.S. PGA Tour Deutsche Bank Championship scores
- Blind joins while Manchester United wait on Falcao