STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-SNIA up after creditors approve plan
Italian chemicals company SNIA SpA SIAI.MI is up 10 percent after the company announces that 97.8 percent of creditors have approved a debt restructuring plan.
"It makes sense the shares would go up because (the approval) means the company has a future and if they give up some debt swap for equity there will be value creation," a broker says, adding trading volumes are average.
The company said in a statement after markets closed on Monday that it had until Jan. 15 to present its debt restructuring plan to a Milan court for approval. A company source says no details are available yet.
SNIA had net financial debt of 24.6 million euros at the end of November. The shares hit a three-week high before paring gains.
Reuters Messaging rm://email@example.com
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists