Italy limits public access to embassy in Yemen
ROME Jan 4 (Reuters) - Italy has limited public access to its embassy in Yemen due to concerns over possible militant attacks, the Italian ambassador said on Monday.
"For today, we have limited public access: only people with an appointment can enter," Ambassador Mario Boffo told Reuters by telephone from the Yemeni capital Sanaa. He said the decision had been taken in coordination with other European embassies.
"If things remain as they are, then tomorrow or the day after we will return to normality," he said. The United States, France and Britain have already announced that they have closed their embassies in Sanaa because of security fears. (Reporting by Massimiliano Di Giorgio)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough |
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman