Compal revises Q1 shipment target up again
TAIPEI Jan 11 (Reuters) - Taiwan's Compal Electronics (2324.TW), the world's No. 2 laptop PC maker, has revised its first-quarter shipment target upwards, its CFO said Monday, helped by growing demand.
The company now expects shipments in the current three months to remain flat or fall about 5 percent from the last quarter of 2009, better than its previous forecast for a 10 percent decline, Chief Financial Officer Gary Lu said.
Compal already raised the target once before in early December, citing better-than-expected demand.
"The first quarter is looking quite good," Lu said. "Demand is looking strong from most areas."
(Reporting by Kelvin Soh; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
((firstname.lastname@example.org; +886 2 2508 0815; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com))
((If you have a query or comment on this story, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)) Keywords: COMPAL/
(C) Reuters 2010. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution ofReuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expresslyprohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuterssphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group ofcompanies around the world.nTPU002042
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife edge |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading |
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll