Shell Egypt to buy 40 pct of W. Desert concession
CAIRO Jan 14 (Reuters) - Shell Egypt (RDSa.L) has received government approval to buy a 40 percent stake in an oil and gas concession in Egypt's Western Desert, the firm said on Thursday.
The current co-owners, GDF Suez (GSZ.PA) and privately-owned Vegas Oil and Gas, will each sell a 20 percent stake in the Alam El Shawish West Concession, Shell Egypt said.
Shell Egypt will operate the venture. Vegas will retain a 35 percent stake and GDF Suez will keep 25 percent, the firm said. (Reporting by Maha El Dahan; Writing by Alastair Sharp)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Quindell's adjusted pretax profit nearly triples