Shell Egypt to buy 40 pct of W. Desert concession
CAIRO Jan 14 (Reuters) - Shell Egypt (RDSa.L) has received government approval to buy a 40 percent stake in an oil and gas concession in Egypt's Western Desert, the firm said on Thursday.
The current co-owners, GDF Suez (GSZ.PA) and privately-owned Vegas Oil and Gas, will each sell a 20 percent stake in the Alam El Shawish West Concession, Shell Egypt said.
Shell Egypt will operate the venture. Vegas will retain a 35 percent stake and GDF Suez will keep 25 percent, the firm said. (Reporting by Maha El Dahan; Writing by Alastair Sharp)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Yazidis haunted by cries for help as militants bury victims alive
- ECB targets bundled-debt market to boost economy
- Myanmar worker admits to British murders in Thailand - police
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Analysis - Financial market storm brewing as 2014 winds down