"Single Man" co-star joins "Mad Max" movie
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - British actor Nicholas Hoult, who plays Colin Firth's love interest in "A Single Man," has joined the cast of the new "Mad Max" movie.
Zoe Kravitz, Teresa Palmer and Adelaide Clemens also are in various states of negotiations to join "Fury Road," which comes from series writer-director George Miller.
The movie is set a short while after the story detailed in 1985's "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome," which keeps Mad Max, the character originated by Mel Gibson, relatively young.
Details are being kept quiet, but it is known that Hoult's character is named Nux.
Kravitz, whose character's name is Five Wives, Palmer and Clemens are in a convoy being chased by bad guys. Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy are starring in the picture, which will shoot in Australia this summer; Warner Bros. will distribute.
Hoult made his feature debut opposite Hugh Grant in "About a Boy," and starred in the British series "Skins." His work in "A Single Man" earned him a BAFTA nomination. He also will appear in Warners' remake of "Clash of the Titans."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane