STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Tel. Italia up on Brazil merger report
Telecom Italia SpA (TLIT.MI) rises more than 2 percent, boosted by report in Brazil's O Globo newspaper that it and Spain's Telefonica SA (TEF.MC) will announce a merger at the end of February or early March.
"The stock has been sought after in recent days and today there is a kind of positive attitude towards this kind of (merger) option, which has been relaunched by O Globo," a trader says.
The DJ Stoxx telecoms index .SXKP is 0.69 percent lower.
Telefonica Chairman Cesar Alierta said last week that his company was focused on getting the most out of its relationship with Telecom Italia, pouring cold water on merger speculation. [ID:nLDE61606F]
Reuters Messaging rm://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- North Korea to deepen probe into Japanese abductees - Japan's Abe
- American detained in North Korea gets job back with Ohio city
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |