Magnitude 5.7 quake rattles southern Mexico
WASHINGTON Feb 8 (Reuters) - A magnitude 5.7 earthquake struck Oaxaca, Mexico, on Monday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The epicenter of the quake was located 14 miles (23 km)southeast of the town of Miahuatlan in Oaxaca, Mexico. The USGS initially reported it as a 5.9 magnitude quake. Quakes of magnitude 5 and above are considered moderate and capable of causing considerable damage.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Swedish 'Cold War' thriller exposes Baltic Sea nerves over Russia
- Total CEO killed in Moscow airport plane accident - Tass
- Total CEO Christophe de Margerie killed in Moscow plane accident - airport spokeswoman
- Polish ex-minister quoted saying Putin offered to divide Ukraine with Poland
- Al Qaeda attacks kill at least 33 people in Yemen