Magnitude 5.7 quake rattles southern Mexico
WASHINGTON Feb 8 (Reuters) - A magnitude 5.7 earthquake struck Oaxaca, Mexico, on Monday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The epicenter of the quake was located 14 miles (23 km)southeast of the town of Miahuatlan in Oaxaca, Mexico. The USGS initially reported it as a 5.9 magnitude quake. Quakes of magnitude 5 and above are considered moderate and capable of causing considerable damage.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise budget
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day