Angola offshore oil to be double Nigeria's by 2020 -Shell
ABUJA Feb 23 (Reuters) - Angola's offshore oil production is likely to be double that of Nigeria by 2020, Royal Dutch Shell (RDSa.L) said on Tuesday.
The two countries rival each other as Africa's biggest oil producer, but oil majors say Nigeria risks losing out if changes to its terms make it less profitable to develop deep water reserves.
"By 2020, Angola's offshore production is likely to be double that of Nigeria," Shell's Executive Vice President for sub-Saharan Africa, Ann Pickard, told an industry conference in Abuja. (For more Reuters Africa coverage and to have your say on the top issues, visit: af.reuters.com/ ) (Reporting by Joe Brock and Nick Tattersall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe
- Mexico hospitalizes six suspected of stealing radioactive material
- Aide to North Korean leader's ousted uncle seeks asylum in South - media
- China Rongsheng ghost town reflects shipbuilder's struggle to survive
- U.N., U.S. call for investigations into Thai trafficking of Rohingya