Angola offshore oil to be double Nigeria's by 2020 -Shell
ABUJA Feb 23 (Reuters) - Angola's offshore oil production is likely to be double that of Nigeria by 2020, Royal Dutch Shell (RDSa.L) said on Tuesday.
The two countries rival each other as Africa's biggest oil producer, but oil majors say Nigeria risks losing out if changes to its terms make it less profitable to develop deep water reserves.
"By 2020, Angola's offshore production is likely to be double that of Nigeria," Shell's Executive Vice President for sub-Saharan Africa, Ann Pickard, told an industry conference in Abuja. (For more Reuters Africa coverage and to have your say on the top issues, visit: af.reuters.com/ ) (Reporting by Joe Brock and Nick Tattersall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- Business leaders urge Scots to vote against independence
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media