Angola offshore oil to be double Nigeria's by 2020 -Shell
ABUJA Feb 23 (Reuters) - Angola's offshore oil production is likely to be double that of Nigeria by 2020, Royal Dutch Shell (RDSa.L) said on Tuesday.
The two countries rival each other as Africa's biggest oil producer, but oil majors say Nigeria risks losing out if changes to its terms make it less profitable to develop deep water reserves.
"By 2020, Angola's offshore production is likely to be double that of Nigeria," Shell's Executive Vice President for sub-Saharan Africa, Ann Pickard, told an industry conference in Abuja. (For more Reuters Africa coverage and to have your say on the top issues, visit: af.reuters.com/ ) (Reporting by Joe Brock and Nick Tattersall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health
- Manchester United top deadline-day big spenders
- Europe drafts emergency energy plan with eye on Russia gas shut-down