Chile ports resume operations after quake--union
SANTIAGO, March 1 (Reuters) - Chilean ports were restarting operations days after a massive earthquake hit the world's top copper producer, a union leader told Reuters on Monday.
Denis Yanez, the head of a national confederation of port workers, said the copper exporting port of San Antonio was scheduled to restart operations at 1500 GMT.
He said the major port of Valparaiso started receiving shipments on Sunday and was expected to increase its load later on Monday.
(Reporting by Alonso Soto; Editing by John Picinich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Jodie Foster marries girlfriend Alexandra Hedison
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Barclays chairman defends staff bonuses as Standard Life leads shareholder protests
- Australia rules out link between debris and Malaysian plane