Chile ports resume operations after quake--union
SANTIAGO, March 1 (Reuters) - Chilean ports were restarting operations days after a massive earthquake hit the world's top copper producer, a union leader told Reuters on Monday.
Denis Yanez, the head of a national confederation of port workers, said the copper exporting port of San Antonio was scheduled to restart operations at 1500 GMT.
He said the major port of Valparaiso started receiving shipments on Sunday and was expected to increase its load later on Monday.
(Reporting by Alonso Soto; Editing by John Picinich)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Britain slams EU budget demand, others see 'molehills'
- UPDATE 2-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Stellar Lamela produces goal of the season, word of the day