BRIEF-Motor racing-CNN to sponsor Lotus F1 team
LONDON, March 2
LONDON, March 2 (Reuters) - CNN International will sponsor Lotus F1 in a long-term deal, the new Malaysian-backed Formula One team said on Tuesday.
The agreement will see the news network's branding on the race cars, drivers' overalls and all team clothing from this season.
Lotus team principal Tony Fernandes said the deal was a "sign of the positive impact we have already made in the global business market that such a prestigious brand... has made the decision to partner with us".
No financial details were given. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin; Editing by John O'Brien; To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-Tennis-Paris Masters men's singles round 3 results
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- American detained in North Korea gets job back with Ohio city
- Kurds' battle for Kobani unites a people divided by borders