BRIEF-Motor racing-CNN to sponsor Lotus F1 team
LONDON, March 2
LONDON, March 2 (Reuters) - CNN International will sponsor Lotus F1 in a long-term deal, the new Malaysian-backed Formula One team said on Tuesday.
The agreement will see the news network's branding on the race cars, drivers' overalls and all team clothing from this season.
Lotus team principal Tony Fernandes said the deal was a "sign of the positive impact we have already made in the global business market that such a prestigious brand... has made the decision to partner with us".
No financial details were given. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin; Editing by John O'Brien; To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- ECB cools speculation over bank health checks ahead of results
- Bank of England minutes add to signs rate hike on back burner
- No Russia-Ukraine gas deal at EU talks; Moscow queries finances |
- Tour de France organisers unveil sparkling 2015 route