BRIEF-Motor racing-CNN to sponsor Lotus F1 team
LONDON, March 2
LONDON, March 2 (Reuters) - CNN International will sponsor Lotus F1 in a long-term deal, the new Malaysian-backed Formula One team said on Tuesday.
The agreement will see the news network's branding on the race cars, drivers' overalls and all team clothing from this season.
Lotus team principal Tony Fernandes said the deal was a "sign of the positive impact we have already made in the global business market that such a prestigious brand... has made the decision to partner with us".
No financial details were given. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin; Editing by John O'Brien; To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Masked gunmen slay family collecting body at Honduras morgue, kill 9
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- Quindell's adjusted pretax profit nearly triples