BRIEF-Motor racing-CNN to sponsor Lotus F1 team
LONDON, March 2
LONDON, March 2 (Reuters) - CNN International will sponsor Lotus F1 in a long-term deal, the new Malaysian-backed Formula One team said on Tuesday.
The agreement will see the news network's branding on the race cars, drivers' overalls and all team clothing from this season.
Lotus team principal Tony Fernandes said the deal was a "sign of the positive impact we have already made in the global business market that such a prestigious brand... has made the decision to partner with us".
No financial details were given. (Reporting by Alan Baldwin; Editing by John O'Brien; To query or comment on this story email email@example.com)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |