UPDATE 1-GE says to invest $453 mln in offshore wind
OSLO, March 25 (Reuters) - General Electric Co. (GE.N) will invest 340 million euros ($453 million) in offshore wind technology in Europe until 2020, the company said on Thursday.
"Today's announcement is the beginning of our offshore wind effort where technology and network of suppliers is located in Europe, which is where we see the biggest growth potential," GE said in a statement.
GE said it will build development centres in Norway, Sweden and Germany, and manufacturing facilities for offshore wind turbines in the United Kingdom.
GE said it would test and demonstrate a four-megawatt machine designed for offshore wind in Norway, and invest 600 million Norwegian crowns ($99.20 million) in offshore wind power technology in the country by 2016. (Reporting by Oslo newsroom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- UK's fate in the balance as poll shows record support for Scottish independence
- Child abuse revelations divide "most shameful town in Britain"
- Kremlin adviser says military strategy to reflect Ukraine crisis, NATO expansion - RIA
- Russian forces strengthening positions in Ukraine - Kiev military