Australia watchdog OKs Shell/PetroChina bid for Arrow
PERTH, April 14
PERTH, April 14 (Reuters) - Australia's competition regulator on Wednesday said it would not oppose the acquisition of coal seam gas producer Arrow Energy Ltd AOE.AX by Royal Dutch Shell (RDSa.L) and PetroChina (0857.HK).
The Australia Competition and Consumer Commission said that given competing gas suppliers and abundant gas reserves, it "considered that the proposed acquisition was unlikely to substantially lessen competition in any relevant market." (Reporting by Fayen Wong; editing by Balazs Koranyi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Polls say Scotland will spurn independence, but are they right?
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'open aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-U.S. Open women's singles round 4 results
- Australia unveils fresh sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |