U.S. power firm AES bids for BG power station-paper
LONDON, April 18
LONDON, April 18 (Reuters) - U.S. power group AES has lodged a bid for the 300-million-pound ($481 million)Ballylumford power station in Northern Ireland which is being sold by Britain's BG Group (BG.L), the Sunday Times said.
The newspaper, without citing sources, also said Japanese conglomerate Mitsui was thought to have made an offer for BG's 50 percent stake in the Seabank power station in Bristol, western England.
But it added that Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE.L), which owns the other half of Seabank, had a pre-emption right over the stake.
BG declined to comment. The other parties mentioned could not immediately be reached. (Reporting by Mark Potter; editing by Elaine Hardcastle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- UK's Lloyds says case strengthened for re-starting dividends
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Insight - European regulators training sights on Google's mobile software
- Russia wants Apple, SAP to cooperate against foreign spying