U.S. power firm AES bids for BG power station-paper
LONDON, April 18
LONDON, April 18 (Reuters) - U.S. power group AES has lodged a bid for the 300-million-pound ($481 million)Ballylumford power station in Northern Ireland which is being sold by Britain's BG Group (BG.L), the Sunday Times said.
The newspaper, without citing sources, also said Japanese conglomerate Mitsui was thought to have made an offer for BG's 50 percent stake in the Seabank power station in Bristol, western England.
But it added that Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE.L), which owns the other half of Seabank, had a pre-emption right over the stake.
BG declined to comment. The other parties mentioned could not immediately be reached. (Reporting by Mark Potter; editing by Elaine Hardcastle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Low-carb diets may beat low-fat options for weight loss, heart health
- Pro-independence Scots narrow gap to victory ahead of vote - poll
- Manchester United top deadline-day big spenders
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- UPDATE 1-Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked