US strike could delay Iran nuclear program-Mullen
NEW YORK, April 18
NEW YORK, April 18 (Reuters) - The nation's top military officer said on Sunday that a U.S. strike against Iran would go "a long way" to delaying its nuclear program but that he considered doing so his "last option" right now.
"Military options would go a long way to delaying it," Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters after speaking at a forum at Columbia University in New York.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers