US strike could delay Iran nuclear program-Mullen
NEW YORK, April 18
NEW YORK, April 18 (Reuters) - The nation's top military officer said on Sunday that a U.S. strike against Iran would go "a long way" to delaying its nuclear program but that he considered doing so his "last option" right now.
"Military options would go a long way to delaying it," Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters after speaking at a forum at Columbia University in New York.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- Hungary plans new tax on Internet traffic, public calls for rally
- Tesco scraps profit outlook as accounting black hole deepens
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- UPDATE 1-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin red group results