US strike could delay Iran nuclear program-Mullen
NEW YORK, April 18
NEW YORK, April 18 (Reuters) - The nation's top military officer said on Sunday that a U.S. strike against Iran would go "a long way" to delaying its nuclear program but that he considered doing so his "last option" right now.
"Military options would go a long way to delaying it," Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters after speaking at a forum at Columbia University in New York.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scottish opponents of independence slightly ahead: polls |
- As many as 700 migrants feared drowned in Mediterranean
- Analysis - Market calm over Scottish vote at odds with disaster warnings
- Gerrard lights up Anfield with last-gasp Liverpool winner
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote