EDF to buy out three shareholders of Beglium's SPE-Luminus
PARIS, 27 April
PARIS, 27 April (Reuters) -- French utility EDF (EDF.PA) said on Tuesday it would buy out three shareholders looking to sell their stakes in Belgian utility SPE-Luminus.
EDF currently owns 51 percent of SPE which it acquired last year from UK utility Centrica (CNA.L) (CNA.L). It said three shareholders representing 12.5 percent of SPE's capital had decided to exercise all or part of their put options.
EDF did not say at what price the stake would be bought.
In addition EDF said it signed a new agreement with the Belgian publics shareholders which currently hold 36.5 percent of the company.
The new agreement defines the reciprocal commitments, conditions of liquidity for minority shareholders and the means of cooperation between shareholders. (Editing by Jon Loades-Carter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video
- Business leaders say case for Scotland's independence has not been made
- Former PM Brown sets aside feud to fight Scottish independence
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base - social media