Algeria earthquake kills two: report
ALGIERS (Reuters) - Two people were killed and 43 hurt on Friday when an earthquake struck a region of Algeria about 200 km (125 miles) south of the capital, Algerian state television reported.
It said the earthquake was of magnitude 5.2 and its epicenter was near a village in the M'sila region. Algerian state radio said there had been damage to some houses in the village and emergency services were at the scene.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Surrender talks set with separatists in Ukraine as standoff lasts into Easter |
- Malaysian plane search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Special Report - How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Angry relatives clash with police as Korea recovers more dead from ferry |