Regulation author Sassoon named minister
LONDON (Reuters) - Conservative Party regulation blueprint author James Sassoon will take up the new post of Commercial Secretary at the Treasury, the government said on Wednesday.
The former UBS Warburg banker will have a wide brief across the whole business and financial services agenda.
Sassoon wrote the Conservative financial regulation policy paper which outlines plans to abolish the Financial Services authority and give the Bank of England greater powers over supervision.
He previously worked at the Treasury when Gordon Brown was chancellor as an ambassador to the City of London.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |