Regulation author Sassoon named minister
LONDON (Reuters) - Conservative Party regulation blueprint author James Sassoon will take up the new post of Commercial Secretary at the Treasury, the government said on Wednesday.
The former UBS Warburg banker will have a wide brief across the whole business and financial services agenda.
Sassoon wrote the Conservative financial regulation policy paper which outlines plans to abolish the Financial Services authority and give the Bank of England greater powers over supervision.
He previously worked at the Treasury when Gordon Brown was chancellor as an ambassador to the City of London.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school - Health Ministry |