Soccer-World-French FA chief resigns after World Cup fiasco
PARIS, June 28
PARIS, June 28 (Reuters) - French Football Federation (FFF) president Jean-Pierre Escalettes said on Monday he was resigning after France's group World Cup fiasco.
"I consider that it is my duty to resign from my role as president of the French Football Federation," Escalettes said in a statement.
France left the World Cup with one point and one goal from the group stage after the team created a scandal by boycotting a training session in support of striker Nicolas Anelka, who was sent home for insulting coach Raymond Domenech. (Writing by Patrick Vignal, editing by Nigel Hunt; To query or comment on this story email email@example.com)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Don't mess with nuclear Russia, Putin says
- Exclusive - Over 100 Russian soldiers killed in single Ukraine battle - Russian rights activists
- Scotland's pro-independence campaign gains on final TV debate - poll