Tennis-Azarenka pulls out of San Diego
STANFORD, California, August 1
STANFORD, California, August 1 (Reuters) - Newly-crowned Stanford Classic champion Victoria Azarenka of Belarus has pulled out of next week's tournament in San Diego, her agent said on Sunday.
Azarenka won her first title of the year by beating Russia's Maria Sharapova 6-4 6-1 on Sunday, but her agent said the Belarusian had sustained a right shoulder injury and would skip San Diego.
Former world number one Jelena Jankovic is top seed at the tournament, followed by fifth-ranked Samantha Stosur of Australia, Russia's Vera Zvonareva and Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska.
(Editing by Ian Ransom; To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack - sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive - Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Voters more receptive to UKIP than polls show - study
- El Salvador ex-rebel's lead 'irreversible,' rival wants recount