Alexandra Burke at top of UK charts for 2nd week
LONDON (Reuters) - X-Factor winner Alexandra Burke maintained her spot at the top of Britain's singles charts for a second week with "Start Without You" featuring U.S. rapper Laza Morgan, the Official Charts Company said on Sunday.
Taio Cruz and Katy Perry swapped places this week to stand second and third respectively, with "Dynamite" and "Teenage Dream," followed by The Script and Olly Murs. Shontelle's "Impossible" was the only newly released single in the top 20.
In the album charts, the top four records were all new entries -- the first time this has happened since November 2009.
Irish band The Script's second album "Science & Faith" came in at number one, followed by U.S. rock group Linkin Park's "A Thousand Suns," Robert Plant's "Band of Joy" and Phil Collins's Motown covers album "Going Back."
(Reporting by David Milliken)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Analysis - Market calm over Scottish vote at odds with disaster warnings
- As many as 700 migrants feared drowned in Mediterranean
- UK earnings edge up, unemployment falls more than expected
- Gerrard lights up Anfield with last-gasp Liverpool winner