No explosion at Montreal refinery, Shell says
CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - Two workers at Royal Dutch Shell Plc's Montreal refinery were injured on Friday when cleaning equipment malfunctioned, a spokesman said, denying local media reports that there was an explosion at the site.
Shell spokesman Larry Lalonde said the two workers employed by an outside contractor received minor injuries when steam vented from a piece of cleaning equipment.
"Shell medical people treated them on-site and the contractors were sent to hospital for further review," he said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report - Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |