No explosion at Montreal refinery, Shell says
CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - Two workers at Royal Dutch Shell Plc's Montreal refinery were injured on Friday when cleaning equipment malfunctioned, a spokesman said, denying local media reports that there was an explosion at the site.
Shell spokesman Larry Lalonde said the two workers employed by an outside contractor received minor injuries when steam vented from a piece of cleaning equipment.
"Shell medical people treated them on-site and the contractors were sent to hospital for further review," he said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Tesco accounting black hole deepens, chairman to step down |
- Germany's Merkel deals blow to UK on EU migration reform - Sunday Times
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- UPDATE 3-Tennis-WTA Finals women's singles round robin results
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |