No explosion at Montreal refinery, Shell says
CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - Two workers at Royal Dutch Shell Plc's Montreal refinery were injured on Friday when cleaning equipment malfunctioned, a spokesman said, denying local media reports that there was an explosion at the site.
Shell spokesman Larry Lalonde said the two workers employed by an outside contractor received minor injuries when steam vented from a piece of cleaning equipment.
"Shell medical people treated them on-site and the contractors were sent to hospital for further review," he said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- Zidane makes mystery man Markkanen his first Madrid signing
- British manufacturing emerges from years in the shadows