No explosion at Montreal refinery, Shell says
CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - Two workers at Royal Dutch Shell Plc's Montreal refinery were injured on Friday when cleaning equipment malfunctioned, a spokesman said, denying local media reports that there was an explosion at the site.
Shell spokesman Larry Lalonde said the two workers employed by an outside contractor received minor injuries when steam vented from a piece of cleaning equipment.
"Shell medical people treated them on-site and the contractors were sent to hospital for further review," he said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Ex-Kaupthing bankers convicted of abuses related to Qatari investment
- 'Unfit' defendant in British phone-hacking case dropped from trial
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- UK economy set for fastest growth in seven years in 2014 - BCC