No explosion at Montreal refinery, Shell says
CALGARY, Alberta (Reuters) - Two workers at Royal Dutch Shell Plc's Montreal refinery were injured on Friday when cleaning equipment malfunctioned, a spokesman said, denying local media reports that there was an explosion at the site.
Shell spokesman Larry Lalonde said the two workers employed by an outside contractor received minor injuries when steam vented from a piece of cleaning equipment.
"Shell medical people treated them on-site and the contractors were sent to hospital for further review," he said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Factbox - Scotland's independence vote: How will the results come?
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading |
- Scottish supporters of United Kingdom have 4 percent point lead - YouGov poll